7/05/2020

Roger Sambrook

Wardened Sat 4th July 11.00 til 14.00.
Overcast & windy but quite mild. Started at Fishlake Rd viewpoint, met twitcher who had been there for a couple of hours but no sign of Osprey, just 5 Swans, a Grey Heron, load of various types of wild fowl and later as I was finishing my tour having done a complete circuit met another twitcher, one of the regulars when we saw a Hobby & lots of Cormorants.
Met 37 people in all 20 just out for a walk, the rest a mixture of dog walkers, twitchers & cyclist. Saw a mixture of bird, Cetti's, Sedge & Reed Warblers, also from the screens tufted ducks, Teal, swifts & House Martins. Only saw cows in distance, did not have boots on to go ferreting in field to get closer but checked pasture pump was ok.
Came back via Fishlake stream And what used to be the world of water which has now closed again,obviously it was not profitable. All paths clear, I see Jo has been busy strimming in several places, I trimmed a few brambles along the canal, they are growing so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The canal side path is becoming seriously eroded about half way between the two concrete bridges. I expect this is known as it is so obviou...