7/29/2020

Mandy Hutchins

Chris and I wardened from 3.30 - 5pm on Tueday 28th. Met about 20 people almost all bird watchers or photographers. 8 people at screens which is a lot for a Tueday afternoon. Some were delighted to have seen the Caspian. Sadly did not appear whilst we were there but did get a lovely sighting of a Marsh Harrier. Path to screens is getting quite overgrown again.

1 comment:

  1. Wardened Sat 1st Aug from 9.30 to 12.15.
    Busy morning met just over 60 people the majority being leisure walkers, joggers & twitchers including three ringers who I met by the screens, they had been out since the early hours, Nigel said they had caught approx 75 birds mostly warblers .
    Spots from screens included 3 Great white egrets a Kingfisher & a Grey heron also heard lots of warblers, water rails & cetti warblers.
    All paths ok Cows all ok and close to permissive path watercourse. Saw the two juvinile Buzzards on the barn roof adjacent to the canal path, they were calling to the parents to be fed.
    Have had to do this report as a comment on Mandy last blog as I could not get onto the server through Safari.

    ReplyDelete

 The canal side path is becoming seriously eroded about half way between the two concrete bridges. I expect this is known as it is so obviou...